Vice President, Strategy and Innovation
Reporting to the CEO as our new Vice President of Strategy & Innovation, you will provide strategic direction, leadership and oversight to initiatives that will drive excellence in project delivery. As an integral part of the organization’s senior leadership team, you will mentor and develop an interdisciplinary team of professionals and oversee large-scale strategy and innovation efforts. You will provide leadership expertise balancing profitability, client innovation, and team inspiration.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee, mentor and manage team of junior/intermediate practitioners (strategists)
- Sponsor and oversee strategy and innovation projects, providing strong council and leadership
- Participate in fieldwork, insight and strategy elevation and report writing and presentation
- As part of the leadership team, shape the direction, vision and focus of the company
- Lead and contribute to business development initiatives including pitches, proposal designs and development, as well as external speaking opportunities
- Contribute to the development of a collaborative and open work environment
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 6+ years of work experience in innovation, strategy, design and research, across industries including health-care strategy and/or consumer strategy.
- Experience conducting and leading primary qualitative research with a range of populations.
- Graduate degree in related field (such as strategic foresight, human sciences (anthropology, sociology, psychology), human-centred design, or business)
- Proven success as a mentor with passion for working with multidisciplinary and diverse teams
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Strong collaborator and ability to emerge great thinking from others
- Strategic thinker with strong analytic and writing skills
- Commitment to empathy for research participants and internal teams (at FSI, client teams)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects efficiently
- Ability to travel (~20%) within North America for project work and business development
Fresh Squeezed Ideas celebrates diversity in both its innovative solutions and its workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Fresh Squeezed Ideas and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.